Find your local store to view product availability
When designing the genius, Scott wanted a bike that was perfect for our technical mountain riding. Scott wanted a bike that could clean any climb and tackle any descent. A bike for any trail, any time. what Scott ended up with is exactly that, and much more. Capable, lightweight, fun, the genius is just calling for the mountains. Any Trail, Any time. With the Genius 940, this phrase has never rung truer. With our TwinLoc Suspension System to always optimize your ride, a Shimano 12-speed drivetrain and Syncros components, the Genius 940 is a mountain bike that will get you up and down the mountain without breaking the bank.
Take a look at our full range of Scott Genius bikes here at My Ride.
One fame, two wheel sizes
- The Genius frame is capable of fitting both 27.5' and 29' wheels. All you have to do is flip a chip on the shock mount when going from one size to the next and you're good to go. No need to change the fork like you see with many other brands.
Twinloc Suspension System
- SCOTT's TwinLoc Suspension was developed as a system with the goal of taming any trail, anytime. Connecting fork, our patented NUDE shock platform and frame via TwinLoc allows us to work with suspension characteristics that allow you to adapt to multiple trail settings, all at the flick of a switch. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. With TwinLoc, have three bikes in one. A climbing bike...etc, a descending bike, and a perfect bike for everything in between, all at once.
- Scott's kinematic suspension curve gives supple small bump sensitivity and therefore exceptional traction characteristics, perfect support in the mid-stroke and a controlled deep stroke for predictable and comfortable bottom outs. Specific pivot placements ensure efficient pedaling that drives the bike forwards like a startled greyhound, and neutral braking that strikes a perfect balance between rider comfort and control, chassis stability and rear wheel traction.
- At SCOTT, we've always prided ourselves on our ability to build strong yet lightweight bicycles. For the Genius, this would be no different. Scott's goal was to develop a frame that would set a benchmark for the 130-150mm trail bike. Having finished with a frame and hardware weight totalling 2249g, Scott can safely say that we're right on the money. The stiffness to weight ratios are unparalleled.
FOX NUDE TR EVOL SHOCK
- On several Genius models, you'll find the FOX NUDE TR EVOL. What the TR allows you to do is to select what sort of progression you would like in open mode: more linear, or more progressive. By flipping a switch, you can decide how your shock behaves while descending. This is similar to other systems where you have to take the shock apart to put spacers in, but in this case, just flip a switch. Once you select the more linear mode, or the more progressive mode, then you still benefit from everything that the TwinLoc Suspension System has to offer when switching to Traction Control mode, and eventually Lockout. In terms of practical use, if you ride trails that are wet and greasy, perhaps the more linear option is a better place to start. Fast, hard packed trails with some berms and the occasional jump? Perhaps the more progressive mode would be better for you. With the NUDE TR Evol, choosing and changing is easy.
Devil in the details
- Protection for an all-mountain bike is very important. Scott has developed a Downtube Protector whose primary goal was to protect against rock strikes on the lower downtube. Additionally, it integrates nicely with a Di2 battery and works well with our cable routing system, providing easy access to those internal cables. As far as cable routing goes, we have a system near the head tube that uses a plastic cage and interchangeable rubber inserts to adapt to all cable routing situations. It is lighter and more efficient than our old system, and can adapt to pretty much all cable routing needs: Di2, normal brakes, moto brakes, dropper posts, TwinLoc etc. Scott also added a propriety SCOTT chain guide that is simple, light and efficient. It integrates with the main pivot nut, meaning that no extra hardware is necessary keeping things nice and tidy.
Syncros Hixon 2.0 / Alloy 6061D.B. 12mm rise / 9° / 780mm Syncros Pro lock-on grips
Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5-1 1/8 OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm
SCOTT TwinLoc TSP Suspension-Seatpost Remote below Bar / 3 modes / integ. Grip clamp
Syncros Tofino 2.5 Regular
Syncros Duncan Dropper Post 2.5 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M size 125mm / L & XL size 150mm
Syncros FL2.0 / 6061 Alloy 6° / integrated Top Cap / 31.8mm / 1 1/8
Shimano BB-MT500 / shell 41x92mm
Shimano MT520 4 Piston Disc
Shimano SM-RT64 CL / 203/F and 180/R
Shimano Deore CS-M6100-12 / 10-51 T
Shimano Deore CN-M6100
Shimano FC-MT611-1 32T
Shimano XT RD-M8100 SGS Shadow Plus / 12 Speed
Shimano Deore SL-M6100-R / Rapidfire Plus
Genius Alloy SL 6011 custom butted / VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic 27.5 (2.6 & 2.8) and 29 (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo-BB adj. TBC Trunnion box construction / Boost 12x148mm
FOX Float EVOL Performace Trunnion 3 modes / Lockout-Trail-Descend DPS / Reb. Adj. Travel 150mm / 185X55mm
RockShox Revelation RL3 Air custom Charger 3-Mode Damper 15x110mm Maxle Lite / 42mm offset / Tapered steerer Lockout / Reb. Adj. / 150mm travel
14.80 (with tubes)
Shimano HB-MT410-B CL / 15x110mm
Maxxis Dissector / 2.6 / 60TPI Foldable Tubeless Ready / EXO
Shimano FH-MT410-B CL / 12x148mm / Micro Spline
Maxxis Rekon / 2.6 / 60TPI Foldable Tubeless Ready / EXO
Syncros X-30S / 32H / 30mm / Sleeve Joint Tubeless ready
Stainless Black 15G / 1.8mm
*Please note product specifications are subject to change.